Get in touch!

7 Aug 2016

REFRESHING RED BERRY SMOOTHIE


When my mum and I have some spare time on Sunday mornings, we like to make ourselves a fresh smoothie or a green juice. And let me tell you, I love smoothies! They are a great addition to your breakfast, they contain more than enough fruits to meet your advised daily amount but above all, they taste delicious and are super-refreshing!


We usually just throw whatever fruits we have at that moment in our blender, without really following a strict recipe. So far, it has, surprisingly, always ended up being delicious. Fortunately, I did manage to write down what we GENERALLY put in our concoctions, so you can try it out yourself!

This next red berry smoothie is one of my faves, especially now during the summer months. In summer, I usually add a peach or a nectarine as well, but I didn’t have one when I made this blogpost. :)
Okay, I should stop talking now and start the recipe haha. LET'S GET STARTED!


Amount: 4 (small) glasses
Prep. time: 15 minutes (10 if you can get your mum to help you!)
Difficulty: easy


Ingredients:
  • a big handful (about a cup) of mixed red berries (I use a convenient bag of frozen strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and redcurrants, but you could definitely use any kind of fresh or frozen berries) 
  • 1 large banana 
  • 6 oranges 
  • 1 pink grapefruit 
  • a generous splash of yoghurt (I use soy yoghurt, it's lactose-free and vegan)

Want to make it into a full breakfast smoothie? Add these things:
  • half a cup of oats 
  • (optional) a few table spoons of shredded coconut if you're a fan



How to make:

Cut your banana into large chunks and put them in your blender. Throw in the berries as well.



Cut all the oranges and the grapefruit in half and squeeze the juice out of them. 
I always use an electric citrus press because it’s easier, faster and it also gets more juice out of the oranges than I could by hand.



Pour the juice and the yoghurt into the blender.



Blend together until everything is nicely combined and there are no large lumps left.



For the breakfast smoothie: add your oats and shredded coconut and blend again.



Pour into your glasses and enjoy!



Feel free to add or replace fruit to your liking! We sometimes add in an apple, some leftover grapes or whatever we have lying around. It's nice to find a combination that you love.


More smoothie and juice recipes coming in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment