Get in touch!

9 Oct 2016

5 STUNNING USES FOR COCONUT OIL


Do you have a jar of coconut oil in your house? If so, what do you use it for?
This amazing natural oil is all over the internet and in people’s houses these days. Coconut oil usually comes in solid form, but it can easily melt into a liquid when applied to your skin, but also on a hot summer day or if you live in a warmer climate. 
Coconut oil is such a versatile product. It can be used in the kitchen (as a substitute for butter) and in the bathroom (to make your own beauty products for example).
So this week, I decided to share my coconut-knowledge with you and I listed my five favourite uses for coconut oil!





1) As a moisturiser
Coconut oil is an amazing moisturiser on its own. I like to apply it to dry areas on my face and lips. I especially love it because it's all natural and as a bonus, coconut oil has a low SPF factor, which can help protect your skin during short sun exposure. (It should not be used as a full replacement for sunscreen though!)


2) As a makeup remover
I recently started using coconut oil instead of my liquid makeup remover. Since I had heard that it works just as well, I had to try it out. AND I'm sold!
My skin is prone to be extremely dry and to this day, I still haven't found a makeup remover that is hydrating instead of drying. That’s the main reason why I love using coconut oil. It takes off my makeup and it hydrates my skin at the same time. And that's honestly all I need.
How to use: take a cotton round (preferably reusable! :) - DIY here) and rub it over the solid coconut oil until you have a small amount on the cotton round. Remove your makeup as you normally would!


3) For cooking
Coconut oil is a perfect substitute for butter. Although I don’t quite believe that it lives up to the hype (the hype that says it’ll dramatically decrease Alzheimer and heart disease risks), I do believe it’s a healthier substitute for butter. It can also be used for baking by the way!


4) As a hair mask
I only recently started doing this but I already love it! All I do is apply a generous amount of oil on the ends of my hair. After that, I braid my hair and go to sleep. Just put a towel on your pillow to keep it clean. Oh and do all of this the night before you're washing your hair. That way, it'll feel all soft and silky after you wash it out. 
This mask is amazing because it's deep-conditioning and nourishing!


5) For DIY beauty products
Last but not least, coconut oil can be used to make your own products. Lip balm, body butter, toothpaste and deodorant are a few lovely examples of this. Wonder why? For starters, it has anti-bacterial properties which makes it perfect for toothpaste and deodorant. Like I mentioned before, it's also a fantastic natural moisturiser that can be used to make your own body butter or lip balm.
Stay tuned for product recipes on my DIY-page!



So, what's the verdict? Did I convince you to go out and buy a jar of coconut oil?
You can usually find it in the better supermarkets, health stores and some drugstores (and online, of course!). And trust me, a whole jar goes a long way!

No comments:

Post a Comment