23 Oct 2016

SOLID SHAMPOO BARS


I recently started using an amazing new product: solid shampoo bars! I know what you're thinking: solid shampoo? She must be crazy! Trust me, I'm not! These shampoo bars replace your standard liquid shampoo bottles and they have so many benefits that you just can't say no to!



Let me tell you all about it. This solid shampoo comes in bars or sticks and varies in size, colour and scent. I've seen them being sold in Lush and online, but I buy mine at Robuust (a zero waste shop in Antwerp). The bar that I'm currently using is from a French brand called 'Lamazuna'.


One of the main reasons I switched to this amazing product is because of all the chemicals in commercial shampoos. They often contain parabens, phthalates and other nasty things. Nothing on the label (except for 'aqua') sounds healthy or safe, does it? The shampoo bar I use only contains natural and safe ingredients!
But that's not it! Shampoo bars are completely zero waste! As I mentioned, I buy mine at the bulk store so I only have to remember to bring my own container to put the bar in when I take it home. Yay for no more plastic shampoo bottles in the house!


How to use:
You'd be surprised, but these solid shampoos are very easy to use! Use it like you would use a normal soap bar. Make sure your hair is wet and swirl the bar around in your hand to let it foam up. Wash your hair with the foam like you normally would. Depending on the length and thickness of your hair, you're going to want to use more or less. 


Do note that these bars don’t foam up like liquid shampoo, but more like a regular bar of soap. This might mislead you into thinking you need to use a lot more of the bar in order for it to foam up. Don’t use too much though, you’ll quickly see that a little goes a long way.


This is what my hair looks like after washing it with the bar and letting it air-dry. It feels and looks soft and healthy.



Do make sure to store the bar outside of the shower to let it dry after using it. I put mine on a little tray next to the sink.


Still not convinced?
I bought my solid shampoo for €8,80. I know that's sounds expensive, but it's actually not. The bar should last longer than two bottles of liquid shampoo, obviously depending on how often you wash your hair.

I know it might sound like a big step to switch from your trusted shampoo to a bar, but for me, there’s too many benefits not to make the switch! Just consider trying it out. I bet you’ll love it like I do! :)



That's it for today!

Breakfast recipe coming next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment